- Bodily Injury Liability covers those incidents that caused injuries of other people.
- PIP or Personal Injury Protection reminds of the previous policy, but refers to the driver and passengers.
- UMI or Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Insurance is created for underinsured and uninsured drivers. It may be required in some states.
- Property Damage Liability covers vehicle damages happened in an accident.
- Collision Coverage goes for slightly higher rates as it will help with covering the cost of a crashing car. Cases with animals are not included here.
- Gap Insurance is to pay the difference between a total cost of vehicle and money you owe on it.
- Comprehensive Coverage includes all those cases that are not covered by Collision Coverage like fire, animals, theft, vandalism, etc.
- Interior Vehicle Coverage supposes to be chosen in case of high rates because it pays for personal belongings if they are lost.
- Rental Car Coverage covers the payment for a rented car if your one is repaired.
- Replacement Car Coverage goes for situation when your car is not the subject to repair works. You will be offered a new car with similar technical characteristics. It should be mentioned that this coverage will cost rather a big sum of money.
- Pet Injury Insurance pays for medical expenses of your pets that were injured because of a vehicle accident.
You may check out more useful information about car insurance coverage types and find out what types of protection your policy should have. Add main types to policy to satisfy state law needs, to drive vehicle safely.
Which Factors Do Affect Your Premium?
Most factors are divided into 2 groups – those you can control and those you can’t. Here are the first ones:
- Coverage level. If you choose only third-party insurance it will be cheaper for you. Fire or theft would take the 2nd place in this list, while comprehensive coverage is atop of this. Still, you don’t have to apply for the cheapest one as you can choose the most expensive and ask for a quote. According to stats, there are some cases when it may be even of the lower premium.
- Car insurance access. By choosing the higher access, you will overpay big sums of money, but if you decide on a voluntary access, the final price may become a real surprise for you.
- Security systems. Most modern cars are equipped with factory-installed alarms or other types of immobilizers. So, it can become a great reason for a profitable discount.
Also, there are some factors that you can’t control. Therefore, all you can do here is to be aware of them:
- Previous claims. When you don’t make any claims, insurer won’t give you any claim discounts. It would bring down your premiums for sure.
- Current age. Young drivers, having no experience, are more likely to get into an accident. This makes inexperienced drivers pay more.
- Past driving record. Having some convictions or violations, you will be considered as a high-risk driver. It will influence your premium negatively.
In addition to all the factors mentioned above, we can also indicate some more that should be taken into account as well:
- Parking. Those people who have garages or a possibility to park a car in a driveway are more likely to get cheap car insurance.
- Mileage. Not overestimate the mileage since it may result in high premiums.
- Postcode. If you live in a state with a high criminal level, be ready to pay more for your insurance.
How to Choose the Cheapest Car Insurance?
Follow these 9 easy steps and save your money:
- 1.Compare. Don’t take the first insurance you have found – compare the rates and you will definitely find one being the cheapest. They are USAA, State Farm, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, GEICO, Mutual, etc.
- 2.Write down all important issues like liability limits, coverage types, rates, etc. It will assist you in estimating the approximate rate.
- Look up your state by visiting various insurance company pages and reading up the laws.
- Make a list of the most suitable carriers and leave your quotes. Don’t try to decide on big companies at once – small ones could even offer you more profitable premiums.
- Compare the quotes you got – that is how you will find out the cheapest one.
- Read reviews of consumers. The cheapest rate is not always the determining factor for choosing the particular insurance company. It may be a kind of an ad trick, so spend some time on analyzing all data and information.
- As you have the best insurer, apply for the policy online. It will save rather a good sum of money.
- Read your policy in detail to make sure of all terms and conditions.
- Drive safely as it’s the best way to get cheap car insurance rate and save your money!